Sunday, January 8, 2012

Making Admin Panel using YIi Framework

Recently, I have started coding in PHP. After coding for 2 -3 weeks, I started missing all those wild cards that frameworks provided me while coding in Java. All the basics things required in any project are taken care by those frameworks. We just need to configure and things are ready.
This magic of getting things easily made me to search for frameworks in PHP. Earlier, I have used Joomla and Code Igniter(CI). I believe Joomla is great CMS, but using it for any other purposes does not give me flexibility. Code Igniter, I used it long long ago. I came across article saying CI vs Yii vs Kohana. This comparison interested me to use Yii Framework. I found the documentation to be good and also community is good. I have started using this framework. I like the Active Record support which fills the space of hibernate framework.
First thing I started with is to create a admin panel. I got a very good link through google. It explains all and we can easily create Joomla kind of admin panel in our applications.
Link to tutorial : http://bit.ly/wCDLab

2 comments:

  1. It is great to see that you chose Yii and are getting familiar with the framework. We have been working on a new open source CRM application that is written in PHP utilizing JQuery, Yii, and RedBeanPHP and relies heavily on test driven development. It might be one of the most complex projects on Yii to date.

    Right now, we have 1000+ unit tests running across eight server configurations. We utilize selenium as well for a nice set of functional tests too. It would be incredibly helpful to get your technical feedback and recommendations so that we can improve the application. Take a look and let me know what you think: http://zurmo.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you provide its Complete development tutorial, if possible.

      Delete